Tuesday, June 29, 2010

For the Senses: Ocean Summer

This season's link list is all about the ocean.  I was hoping to have some sand in my toes as I wrote this but the weather here is not beachy...summer is elusive on our coast this year.   This list will have to do for now.

Sound:

Jack Johnson named his new album To the Sea and this video for the song You and Your Heart shows him surfing.  I will probably never try surfing as something about it terrifies me, but it is a wonder to watch and is the epitome of communing with the ocean.




Scent:

This soap is in high rotation around here.  It is locally made and smells so good.   Having a shower is one of my favorite things and the scent of Ocean Mist makes it that much more heavenly.


 Sight:

Takao Tanabe is a west coast painter who captures the sea scape in a mystical way.  We have a poster of one of his triptychs and we love it.  In person his paintings are often huge and so they pull you into the atmosphere of a misty day by the water.

Taste:

What could remind one of the sea more than salt?  Celtic Sea Salt has a wonderful taste and is full of minerals that are essential to your health. 

Touch:

I recently purchased myself a bamboo t-shirt and it is a joy to wear.  So soft and cozy feeling.  I love this Lakehouse Tunic by Salt.  It would be perfect to put on after a day on the beach.  

No comments: