Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my full moon


I love to hear the variations of names for each month's full moon.  Corn moonSturgeon moon, Grain, Red...the list of names for August's is probably as long as there are tribes all over the world who honoured the moon's light.  I decided that this moon's energy was perfect for a small ritual of empowerment.  I used the essence of four runes and the elements, along with the full moon to charge four objects for each family member.  While each of us needs something different our collective bond grows stronger each day.  Becoming a family unit, the weaving of our threads together, happens naturally without much effort but I can't see how helping that along is a bad thing.  When things feel at loose ends or too chaotic I appreciate the ability to focus our intent.  My object was the Carnelian broach in the photo above (also blogged about here).  I asked for stamina and for wisdom in finding small moments for myself.  I opened with a dedication to the moon stating my intent.  Following that I called on the qualities from each rune we needed and then I raised energy by chanting a poem on page 63 of A Victorian Grimoire: Romance - Enchantment - Magic.  Then I charged the objects one by one, consecrating them as I went and recited a small closing.  Simple without any bells and whistles.  It's all about the baby steps around here....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about other people's full moon rituals/celebrations and this one is really lovely! Simple is good. :)