Thursday, February 3, 2011

our Imbolc

We anointed candles with oil, blessed seeds, walked in the woods and took photos of our bellies.
We played in the stream, made an herbal labour aide, ate salad, quiche, spinach goat cheese bread and cake.
We smudged with sage sending wishes of creativity and smooth births, we drew pictures of what the "seeds" that we wish to grow in 2011 will look like.  It was a lovely day, it went by in a flash.  I felt lucky to be with friends and to have celebrated what may be the last Sabbat before this little man makes his entrance.  My friend Sarah who is also pregnant is due just a week or two before me.  It has been very cool to share this experience with her, both the ups and the downs.  I hope you all had a lovely Imbolc as well.





Thank you to the lovely Katie for taking some photos for us. 

2 comments:

Atlantic Muse said...

these remind me of the wilderness retreat i took with some friends for my thirtieth birthday last summer. you are so amazing. my thoughts are with you. in new brunswick we are streching out our imbolc celebrations to last the two weeks with the Chinese ( agricultural & lunar) New Year of the rabbit.

Anonymous said...

Lost track of your blog for awhile and found you again today. Congratulations on your new little one. What great photos and a wonderful time to have a friend along on the pregnancy journey.