Thursday, February 24, 2011

Belly Update: 36 Weeks


Week 36 is kicking my butt.  I don't have any other, more polite way to put that.  Crampy Braxton Hicks contraction things, a baby that wants to push my right stomach muscles so hard and so often that they hurt, lack of sleep, and rush like sensations in my body that at some point will turn into the real thing.  There are still moments that are lovely but this boy is getting big.  Many around me say I'm so small and really that is true compared to some women.  Having a long torso as I do gives him lots of room lengthwise so he needs less widthwise I guess.  I am hungry too.  Like getting up in the middle of the night hungry....and that is huge for me.  There is little that gets me out of bed in the middle of the night these days.  I am doing my best to enjoy these last days/weeks of pregnancy as they will be the last I experience.  I still  marvel at how it takes less than a year to produce a new human being....I feel so lucky to be able to participate in this miracle regardless of how much I complain about it.

1 comment:

TMCPhoto said...

it seems like ages since I was writing almost the exact same things about the Bean, I know exactly how you're feeling. I hope you find more enjoyment in your last days/weeks than uncomfortableness. Either way when that little guy comes being able to hold him after weeks of waiting more than makes up for the internal kickings and BH contractions, but you know that already. Sending great big happy thoughts your way