Friday, March 19, 2010

Sea Songs


My newest playlist to bring the salty sea air where ever I go.

The Ocean - Led Zeppelin
Born in the Water - The Tragically Hip
Ocean Breathes Salty - Modest Mouse
Wooden Ships - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Sailor's Eyes - Joel Plaskett
Ship out on the Sea - Be Good Tanyas
Oceans - Pearl Jam
Swallowed in the Sea - Coldplay
Down by the Seaside - Led Zeppelin
Sea and the Rhythm - Iron & Wine
Sea of Love - Cat Power
Sail to the Moon - Radiohead
Pirate of Penance - Joni Mitchell
Mark of the Mermaid - Matthew McCully
House by the Sea - Iron & Wine
Sea Lion Woman - Feist
Yer Not the Ocean - The Tragically Hip
Tahitian Moon - Jane's Addiction
Oh Sailor - Fiona Apple
Song to a Seagull - Joni Mitchell

As you can tell my taste is all over the map. What would be on your Sea Songs mix?

3 comments:

Atlantic Muse said...

sea lion woman is my favourite song by Feist, so rhythmic and makes me feel as if i really could be a sea lion basking in the sun by the ocean drinking tea.
I would also include:
*Wake Up Hill by Old Man Luedecke (album Proof of Love)"the sea is grey and mean ..."
*Watch the Waves- Taken By Trees (album East of Eden) "it took me all this life to watch the waves crash in..."

TMC said...

My list would include:

Ocean Size - Jane's Addiction
Run to the Water (I think that's the name) - Live

Bridgett said...

Oooh...GREAT selection! Very eclectic. :)