Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Art of the Month: October

If you are a long time reader you may remember these pillows ( 1, 2, 3, 4) and while I still have a fond place in my heart for them our collective design sense has moved on.  Specifically I wanted to replace the synthetic fiber fill with feather pillows because they look and feel better to me. 


We were more in green tones before and now I'm all about blues.  Trees and blues and greys with dark furniture...except our couch but that's another story.


 I kept the other two simple and classic with a dark denim linen and a stone coloured cotton-linen blend.  The buttons as you may remember were a gift to myself two years ago.  I've finally been able to use them.  I used the pattern in this book for the button pillow.


So these pillows are a hit.  Comfy, simple and hopefully durable.  Kyan keeps taking the small tree pattern one and hiding it in his closet, I guess he likes it.

No comments: