Friday, July 29, 2011

food instead of sun


I had some goals for this summer.  One of them was to be at the beach a lot.  The weather decided that as of the end of July I would only have been to the beach twice and no swimming has taken place.  Making the best of things I have been cooking and baking and putting up food for the winter months. 


There has been fresh raspberry chocolate chip muffins, banana pecan bread, parsley pesto, farmer's market lemon tarts with whipped cream and fresh blueberries, basil popcorn, chocolate chip cookies, radish dip, and homemade (still in perfecting mode) creamsicles.  I am rather obsessed with all things lemon right now whether it's lemonade, yogurt or the said tarts.  So whether the sun is shining or not the eating around here has been good.  Despite the lack of beach whether my garden is growing along nicely and I'll be back soon with an update on it.  Here's to a weekend of good food no matter what the weather. 

No comments: