Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book of the Month: July


I think I've mentioned before that I'm a Starhawk fan.  I haven't read all of her books but the ones I have read were important steps on my spiritual path.  The Fifth Sacred Thing Starhawk's first work of fiction remains a magical story to me.  It takes the reader on a journey into an ideal city that was so poignant to me when I read it 11 years ago that it has stayed with me.  I borrowed it when I read it back in university and just bought it because it will hopefully soon be made into a movie.  Starhawk is in the process of raising funds and putting together what must be a huge team of talented people to make this pagan work of fiction into a film.  Such a great endeavor and I can't wait to see it.  In the mean time though I'm going to read it again.  There are several places to visit to read more and help out:

Starhawk's blog

Kickstarter fundraising page (including a trailer for the movie)

Facebook page

 After reading this you should also check out the prequel called: Walking to Mercury

No comments: