Friday, July 15, 2011

My go-to stone

Over the years I've written about my relationship with semi-precious stones.  I have more stones than I've written about but something happened recently that sparked my desire to write about these earrings.


Blue Chalcedony is the stone.  And since I purchased these earrings, 6 years ago now they have helped me through many a stressful situation.  Chalcedony is a form of Agate which is believed to have been formed millions of years ago during volcanic eruptions.  It comes in several different colours.  I love this pale blue and the translucent quality it has.  

A few weeks ago I went to remove these earrings before bed and noticed that I only had one on.  The day had been long and I was distraught.  What would I do without these?  I made a half-hearted search due to my weariness and just put the other one away and went to bed.  If I would have looked closer when I placed the one into my little wooden earring box I would have noticed that the other one was in there...I must have removed it earlier in the evening.  I was so glad when I found both of them safely waiting in their box the next time I wanted them.  It may be silly to be so attached to a pair of earrings, but I take my stones seriously and I appreciate them, especially in jewelry form.

Blue Chalcedony can be used in working with the throat chakra.  It is ruled by the moon and is linked to the zodiac signs of Cancer and Capricorn.  It imparts feelings of optimism and promotes creativity.  As a healing stone it helps the immune system, has anti-inflammatory properties and lowers blood pressure and body temperature.  I wear these earrings when I feel like I need calmness and centering.  I do consider it my go-to stone.  

No comments: