Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Month one: eat, sleep, love, repeat

Yesterday my mom flew home and I was left here on my own with our new family dynamic.  I didn't set high expectations.  Meals have been made, snacks eaten, both boys had baths last night and this morning we are dressed.  Laundry is happening... so far so good I'd say.  I was reading through The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two and Dr. Sears says that the first month is about holding your little one and loving them.  I've worked that down to this little mantra: eat, sleep, love, repeat.  Managing that is going to be my goal for this first month.  We are almost at the two week mark with little man and getting to know him is wonderful.  Slowly we are finding a new normal but nothing even close to a rhythm is forming.  I don't feel pressure to create one.  Right now we are just going to be.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Such a lovely post. Enjoy!