Friday, March 11, 2011

a series to share


This week has been a bit busy and lazy at the same time.  While Ky and I battle for a morning routine that makes us both happy (and believe me using the world battle is not an understatement), Dave adjusts to earlier mornings and taking transit every day.  There have been pangs that seemed to herald the beginning of something labor related only to fade away after a few hours.  We have a busy weekend planned with visits and meals with friends.  I don't want to just sit around and wait for the baby man to make his entrance so we have made lots of fun plans to keep us distracted.
One lovely distraction I discovered this week is the series Conscious Pregnancy, Empowering Birth by life coach and intuitive consultant Julie Cusmariu.  She works out of Montreal and is a woman after my own heart.  She releases blog talk radio interviews that reflect her life transitions.  She did a conscious marriage series last year after tying the knot (which I am interested in listening to as well) and now is doing this pregnancy series in her third trimester.  If you are pregnant or interested in birth issues in our culture I would recommend checking these out.  She has all the finished episodes archived on the site.  Yesterday I listened to her interview with Dr. Christiane Northrup of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing fame and Pam England and Virginia Bobro of Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation fame.  Both interviews were great.  
My heart goes out to those in Japan dealing with the effects of this earthquake and tsunami.  The world is turning at its usual pace, overwhelming as that pace is.  I hope you are finding moments of peace despite it all.

No comments: