Monday, March 7, 2011

out of the loop

I wouldn't say I'm up on the newest books being published, so today while walking by the bookstore I was elated to see that they had released a new printing of Jean Auel's Earth's Children series.  I share a love of this series with family and friends and the last book was released in 2002....the next one is being released at the end of March.  The Land of Painted Caves is it's title.  The world that these books create is magical and so entertaining to journey through.  Auel takes liberties with pre-history and I really don't mind.  Isn't it the job of the artist to take liberties and create something entertaining, thought provoking and enriching?  Yes.  And there is even a trailer for the book.



I hope if you are a fan of these books you are as excited as I am.  If you've never read them and you like epic stories of an inspiring heroine you should really check them out.