Monday, February 27, 2012

Art of the Month: February

I devoted my spare minutes last week to finishing Elliott's elements box which we filled with meaning during his naming ritual.  I decided to keep the original wood finish and not paint the entire thing.  Instead I wanted it to have a softer look so I used very little paint and accentuated the images with black ink.


For each element I picked an animal: Bear for earth, Crow for air, Salmon for water and Snake for fire.  And then on each side of the box I wrote out the elemental words.


I had this project on my to-do list for both January and February.  It's nice to have it done.  Kyan was very curious to see his own naming day elemental, which in his case is a round basket.  I hope that the boys enjoy these when they are older regardless of what spiritual path they choose.

No comments: