Monday, September 13, 2010

Our new outdoors


After almost a month in our new home we finally got out for Outdoor Mondays today.  Our fist adventure was to the compost bin!  I am very happy to finally have a compost bin.  The best part of this one is that I don't have to sort through worms and compost myself every three months.  (My worm compost bin lasted a year before I couldn't take it anymore.  I felt like a failure but was glad that I'd tried)  I'm really glad that Kyan will learn about composting and see the process happening.  And sharing responsibility for it is really great as well.


  And our latest development around here is that we rarely use the stroller anymore.  Kyan bikes all over.  He's getting really good at steering and we are using these daily sessions to work on learning the difference between left and right and about road safety (which sounds very official and strict but it's not really at this point.  He is only 2 and a half)  This trike is great since I can let him work his legs and also push if he  needs help.  I'm glad that I don't have to be bending over to help him get around while he's still learning.

No comments: