Thursday, September 16, 2010

Art of the Month: September

Truthfully there has not been much art happening around here lately.  Instead I thought I'd share a piece I made several years ago for my friend Matt.  He was gifted with two Roman brass ornaments and he gave one to me to include on a cuff.  I was very into making cuffs a few years ago and enjoyed the instant gratification they offered as a project.
As you can see the ornament is very inspirational.  Heavy though so I'm not sure how much Matt still wears it.  He planned on using it as part of his stage outfit during performances but the weight may have deterred him from wearing it while playing guitar.


The golden hue and red are helping inspire fall feelings in me.  I hope to have a new project to share very shortly.  There is a little bit of sewing happening around here this week.

No comments: