Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Art of the Month: July

Well, here it is the big reveal.  I thought I would get this posted much sooner than July since it was finished in May but alas the weather here was not picnic/beach friendly.  But this blanket has been out for several fun occasions now so I can finally share it.


 This is the beach blanket from Amanda Soule's Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures.  It is made from vintage sheets, all thrifted and a thrifted piece of a poly blend on the back.


Since I've been obsessed with the sea and grey and blue tones this year I chose to use those tones in the blanket so that it would be an extension of the water.


The handy part of it is that it rolls up like a sleeping bag and so it is great to transport around too.  I love this blanket and Heidi Joy loves hers as well.  We haven't picked out our next project to do together but we'll get it chosen soon.  It helps when your first attempt turns out so well.

1 comment:

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Have you sewn before? The blanket is fantastic! I have been wanting to make a blanket for awhile, but I have only sewn two small handbags for my boys and two cloth napkins. That's it... the extent of my expertise.

If you don't mind emailing me and letting me know if you think I could tackle this project, I would be greatly apprecative.

one pink fish @ yahoo dot com.