Thursday, December 24, 2009

Art of the Month: Yule

Last year one of my projects was to finish this stocking for Ky. My mom made each of her three kids a stocking and the whole stocking experience is big in our family. I decided to honour the day as Ky's birthday as much as I could since in some ways he will miss out on having the 25th be only his day, the way other kids are able to have with the other 364 days a year. This will mark the second year of using this stocking and I am happy with how it turned out.


Christmas morning 2008

I wish you all a happy evening as you hang up your stockings tonight. Ours are eagerly awaiting Santa's goodness. Blessings to you and yours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice holiday. What a lovely stocking. I just added trim to Willow's and it's something her great great grandma made which I thought was kind of cool. Handmade is so wonderful I think and your stocking will be an heirloom in time. :)

Rue said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Tamara said...

Adorable stocking...happy belated birthday to your little one. My little sisters bd is on the 24th too.
I'm following you now also. :)

Bridgett said...

Awww...I love it!
Very cute.

)O(
boo