Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Tag


Rue at Rue and Hyssop passed this little holiday tag onto me. Thanks Rue. It was a fun one. I'm not going to tag anyone just because I doubt I'll get to reading the answers before the holidays but feel free to tag yourself if you want to participate.

Here are the rules:

- Copy and paste the questions to your blog.
- Then Tag 5 or more of your favourite blogs and leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged.
- When you post your blog, please spread some Holiday Cheer, and leave a link back to Heather's Blog as well as the one who tagged you.

Here are the questions:

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
I had to be done by now since we leave in two days. Earliest ever for me.

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Our little family of three is still in the foundation building part of making traditions. But one of my favorites from childhood was waiting upstairs with my sister and brother on Christmas morning until my father came into the house from the barn. Once he came into view we would rush down the stairs to see what Santa brought for us.

3. Are you a Black Friday Shopper?
No. And you could not pay me to shop in such a frenzy. It would be a nightmare to me.

4. When do you put up your Tree?
We will help my parents put up theirs, probably this weekend sometime.

5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?
Travel this year which will be the first time in 8 years.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
The year my sister and I got skis and she cried dramatically until my parents agreed to take them off of her (not before some hilarious photos were taken though). I don't think we even made it to the hill beside the house before she fell 3 or 4 times and well, you just have to know my sister to know how funny that was. (sorry Jess!)

7. What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?
"It's a Wonderful Life." It has the essence of what the season is about for me.

8. Do you do your own Christmas Baking, what’s your favorite treat?
I have begun to make new things each year to develop a tradition but so far I make cookies as gifts and vegetarian tortiere (french for meat pie) which is a traditional food that my Mom makes each year. I love too many things to count that my mom makes but tortiere always says Yule to me.

9. Fake or Real Tree?
Real all the way. From a charitable source and chopped up for mulch afterward.

10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
Just about now....yesterday.....luckily Ky is still not too aware of it all so I don't have to panic per se...only fret....lol....

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Probably not this year.

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
This year it will be just being with my family for the day, and celebrating Ky's second birthday.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?
Making ornaments is fun and I also like to make wreaths.

14. Christmas music. Yes or No, and if yes What is your favorite song?
Yes. Absolutely. "Deck the Halls" is a good classic. I'm also partial to "Jingle Bells".

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
Planned and did finish last week. This was a benchmark year...it helped to have such an early deadline.

4 comments:

TMCPhoto said...

I agree It's Wonderful Life does sum up what the season is about. I added Dr Seuss How the Grinch Stole Christmas to my list for the same reason.

TMCPhoto said...

Oh yeah, have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday celebration.

Rue said...

Thanks for playing along! Your poor sister - is she scarred for life after the skiis incident? Giggle!

Bridgett said...

Have a blessed Yule!