Monday, May 21, 2012

Tales from my Garden: 2012

I feel a bit behind in sharing about the garden progress already and it's still only May. As we head into a week of rain my pots are out on the deck getting a good soaking.  The snap and shelling peas are over a foot tall, I've picked out two new varieties of tomatoes to try and planted cucumbers .  Fingers crossed on those!  This year I also decided to double up on parsley because we love it in almost everything.  I also got some applemint, lemon balm, lavender and bee balm.  In the front plot the tulips are just getting past and I'm really excited about our first rhubarb harvest (once I use up the last frozen rhubarb in the freezer.)  I may add one more round of plants in a month or so, but for the most part it's time to sit back a bit and let nature do her thing.





  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your plants look really healthy, Jen. :) I'm looking forward to seeing those plants that you'll be adding soon. It would be best if you leave labels next to your rhubarb plants after planting, you know, just to indicate what year they were planted so you know how old they are.

Ethan Frye