Friday, September 9, 2011

of books and lists

As I mentioned last week (how did a week go by between posts?  Goodness....) there are lists forming.  I'm trying to get a more dependable schedule happening.  I have not been a very scheduled mom in the past almost 4 years but I'm noticing that Kyan may need more predictability in his days.  I would certainly enjoy a bit less chaos, negotiating and whining as well.  After reading some more about the nature of kids, and finally bending to parenting reading that I've already done I've decided to make us a time line.
Since we have an almost 6 month old in our family the time line is done in 2 hour stretches and will of course be subject to change.  But as I said we've never tried this before and if it doesn't work we can bid it farewell, but if it does then great.


I also decided this week to add one morning of home pre-school to our week.  When I say morning I mean an hour Tuesday morning with a themed "lesson".  I'll share more on our adventures with this idea in the future.  So given the amount of lists and planning I've been fitting in here and there I noticed many books lying around the house.


Hopefully I'll be adding regular blogging time to the schedule as well.


There are even more piles that didn't make the photos.  Dave's, cookbooks, and Ky's.


Books and lists and books and lists.  I haven't been dreaming of them yet but they fill my waking hours for now.

A list of the books pictured here:

2012 Polestar Planner (I still have the 2011 for now)

Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years

Creative Play for Your Toddler: Steiner Waldorf Expertise and Toy Projects for 2 - 4s

Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional Motherhood

The Pillow Book: Over 25 Simple-to-Sew Patterns for Every Room and Every Mood

The English Patient

No comments: