Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Flashes of time


This month has flown by. I can not even believe how quickly. I have several post ideas on my list for this month that did not end up here. But they will just have to move to July. This weekend we head to Salt Spring Island, BC for our second island get-away in two months. I am really looking forward to more exploring. This will mark the end of our summer vacations and a return to normal time for the rest of the summer.

Tomorrow is Canada Day! Happy Canada Day to everyone and Happy Independence Day to everyone in the U.S on Saturday!
I'm not sure if I will have time to post again this week as I have a huge file due this Friday before we leave Saturday morning. But I will be back to my regular schedule next week.

Last night Dave played me the video we took on the day that Kyan was born. The sound wasn't even on but my heart was in my throat and I could not believe that 18 months had passed and that little newborn who was all pink and new was now this toddler climbing, talking and being Mr. Independent.
Snippets of time like that are so precious to review once and a while. They really help to put things in perspective.

Sorry that this post is all over the place. That is definitely where my head is this week.

No comments: