Thursday, April 19, 2012

Traveling Together

Another lovely visit has come to an end today with my mom & dad heading back east to Quebec.  My what fun we had visiting a stunning garden, riding the ferry to Victoria, eating good food and listening to the crazy antics of a 4 and 1 year old.
The challenge of shaking up the routine of said 4 and 1 year old can be tricky but in the end is worth the intensive grandparent energy that surrounds them with love and mama with some much needed parent time too!  We never stop needing our parents they just morph into a different relationship or at least that is what has happened with myself and my parents.


my camera decided it didn't like some rather humid conditions at a butterfly conservatory so I have to send it  off for repair.  I'm rather partial to it but my iphone will have to do for now.


The Sunken Garden at Butchart Gardens, Victoria BC



Travel with little ones is challenging but the good moments are so special.   Visiting Beacon Hill park was magical as the waves rushed in and Elliott was quiet and calm on my back as we listened to the water and the birds in the sunshine.  There was enough energy in that moment to carry me through the spring rains that continue to fall on us tonight.  


No comments: