Thursday, October 7, 2010

For the Senses: Autumn/Halloween 2010

Usually I stick to the changing seasons as my inspiration for this jaunt around the web of goodies.  But I thought since Halloween/Samhain is really just around the corner I'd mix in a bit of the spooky for this installment.

Sight:

The Art of Nicomi Nix Turner.  I love that she works in grey scale and that her images are inspired by alchemy, botany and pagan cultures.

Taste:

Pumpkin anything makes me happy this time of year.  Like this or this or this!

Sound:

A Cautionary Song by the Decemberists, can be found on this album Castaways & Cutouts.
This song is fun and spooky and perfectly suited to this time of year.




Touch:

This scarf.  Nothing makes me feel like it's fall more than scarves.  I love the colours of this one.


Smell:

baking bread, hearth fires, crisp mornings.....

No comments: