Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Truth be told I have so many works in progress right now that my head is spinning around and I'm hoping that nothing important gets dropped when I inevitably drop a future ball.  But rather than focusing on those feelings I am going to share two pieces that are in different states today.

First off (and closest to finished) is this piece which I am currently hand quilting.  This is a departure from my usual style but is an image that came to me and demanded to have it's moment.  The muse often does not take no for an answer.



And in an entirely different state is my autumn inspired piece that needs one more coat of acrylic paint before I add the last layer of embroidery.  This is the second in a four part series that will accompany Spring in the World Tree.

 
The technique I use for these pieces is just layers upon layers.  So they take a while to build and the colours change as the surface evolves.  

And now back to the chaos that is currently my life.  I'll share again soon.

I've linked up with Lee at Freshly Pieced today.  

No comments: