Thursday, May 26, 2011

the end of an era


Please indulge my little journey down former television addict lane.  Yesterday as I'm sure you know was the last Oprah show.  As everyone has kept reminding me Oprah's influence in the world is certainly not disappearing.  But the vehicle of her show which has brought countless hours of change to the world is no longer in its original format.  Weekdays at 4 p.m are altered forever.  I wouldn't call myself an ultimate viewer but the show spanned 25 years and definitely influenced the way I see the world today.  Oprah's fundamental message of finding your true self and living from that place is one that I share.  And I applaud the work she does and her charity efforts.  She has put her money where her values are.  It seems strange to me that my kids will not see her show as a part of their formative years....perhaps it is just another reminder of how time moves forward whether we are ready or not.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I love her! At least we still have Oprah magazine ... good lord, that is my life blood. It's like crack.