Sunday, May 25, 2008

On being a voyeur...


Well, here we are. Around three weeks after deciding to start a blog, I finally have a few moments to write. I do mean a few since I feel that most of my time is borrowed these days. As I write my son and husband are downstairs "hanging out". To start I thought I'd explain my desire to do this. I love reality t.v. There I've said it for all to hear. And while the idea of having my life broadcast on television or the web for all to see is not appealing to me, posting the moments and things that are interesting not to mention the connections it can create is appealing. Being a voyeur is a trait I've had all my life. I've always loved biographies, perspectives on other people's lives and seeing what choices other people make. It doesn't matter if they are famous or not, just that they have a point of view that is compelling. One of my favorite shows right now is "Recreating Eden" on the Vision channel and Knowledge Network. It follows avid gardeners through the story of their garden and lives. Spring always inspires my inner gardener. My time is up. Mommy duty never ends. (At least with a 5 month old)

No comments: