Sunday, May 29, 2011

Art of the Month: May

Here is the quilt/blanket I was hinting at two posts ago.  It is a gift for my nephew.  The pattern is from Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew.  I didn't make the template as large as suggested, which I would do next time and she also recommended washing it afterward which I didn't read until after I pre-washed the fabric...alas mommy brain strikes again.  I loved the tops and yo-yos on the fabric.  They say child without driving you crazy with colour or pattern overload.  


It is possible to do this in a day if you don't have an infant and 3 year old since there is no piecing involved.  The center is a cotton flannel and it comes together fairly well.   Hopefully it will meet with a 6 month old's approval :)



No comments: